Make your own free website on


Legal - Divorce - Family Help

I had a problem with wanting to get into things, and then wanting to get out of what I wanted to get into.  For Example:  I couldn't wait to start high school.  After a very short time, I couldn't wait to get out of high school and get into college.  College was cool when I first got into it, but after awhile I was counting the days until I could get out of it and get into a real job making big money.  The real job, making big money was there, I was told, and I spent many years getting into one job and getting out of it to get into another looking for it.  After meeting my dream girl, I couldn't wait to marry her.  We got married, had children, and shortly thereafter was asking myself, who's going to take these screaming brats and nagging hag off my hands?

Why was it that way?  Because I Needed Help.  Nothing Wrong with That!  Why couldn't I be happy with where I was at?  Why couldn't I be happy with what I had?  Maybe your asking yourself the same question.  

Do Something Different.  The most unfortunate thing that happens to a person who fears failure is that they limit themselves by becoming afraid to try something new "Give Yourself A Chance".

If You Want To Try And Work Things Out And Save Your Marriage, check out some of the following popular web sites.

What The Holy Bible Says about It. Click Here 

If You Need Faith Click Here.

Popular Pages To Try Something Different!

For Kid's Sake (214) 526-4525. Focuses on issues such as understanding the effects of divorce on children, gaining insight into children's perceptions of divorce, talking to children about family changes, how to avoid placing children in the middle of parental issues, and maintaining a meaningful and loving relationship with children.

Partners High School Divorce Prevention Course   This award-winning program, developed by the American Bar Association Family Law Section, strives to equip teenagers with the skills to get into the right marriage and stay there.

Families First - Channel 8 has published a 48-page handbook with phone numbers and information about 510 non-profit organizations which provide services to people in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Popular Pages If You Want To Learn About Divorce In Texas!

The basics of Texas law about divorce, custody, and child support explained and summarized:

Popular Pages If You Do Not Want To Work Things Out or You Can Not Work Things Out!

The Net's Largest Divorce Resource

LEGALINE - sponsored by the Dallas Bar Association on the second and third Wednesdays of each month from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lawyers are available at (214) 969-7066 to answer legal questions

Dallas Bar Lawyer Referral Service - (214) 979-9090. This service of the Dallas Bar Association makes referrals to attorneys on a family law case on a reduced fee basis for the initial consultation. The initial half-hour consultation costs $20

Legal Services of North Texas - (214) 748-1234 ( Provides free legal services to low-income persons in a variety of fields, principally public entitlements, residential tenancies, consumer and employment matters and family law. Also conducts evening clinic for low-income applicants.

SMU Civil Legal Clinic (214) 692-2562. Holds clinics to assist low-income persons in need of help with consumer fraud, legal problems of the elderly, landlord/tenant matters and public utilities disputes.

SMU Tax Clinic (214) 692-3462, 3463. Handles cases relating to tax matters for individuals and small businesses.

Protective Orders Division, Dallas DA's Office. This division of the office of the District Attorney of Dallas County obtains protective orders in family violence cases. (214) 653-3600

The Family Place (214) 941-1991. Counseling and shelter for battered women and their children. The 24-hour hotline provides advice on family violence. There are 2 counseling centers: 1) North Dallas, (972) 234-4743, counsels men and women, and 2) Oak Lawn, (214) 559-4880, counsels women and children.

Women's Advocacy Project 1-800-777-FAIR. Maintains a statewide, toll-free hotline for women with legal problems relating to family violence or abuse.

Women's Resource Center of the YWCA (214) 821-9595. Conducts bi-monthly evening clinics providing consultation services for persons with non-criminal legal problems involving family law, bankruptcy, etc.

Texas Fathers for Equal Rights - 214 741-4800 Nonprofit, nonpartisan organization of parent and grandparent volunteers dedicated to serving parents and grandparents in pre- and post-divorce situations. We specialize in counseling (through experience) for parents and grandparents who are involved in child custody cases. But we are also active in the fight to eliminate prejudice against good parents and grandparents; be it from attorneys, judges, the legislature or the general public. Another speciality of TFER is helping parents and grandparents understand how to interpret and understand court orders and the law as it is generally applied.

Fathers Pace Childrens Project.  The purpose of The "P.A.C.E. Project" is to provide support, education and resources to single, divorced, widowed and custodial fathers of all socio-economic and ethnic groups in the Central Texas area; to assist in the development of healthy relationships amongst these fathers and their children; and help these fathers and their children cope with the stressors following the family dissolution and minimize adverse consequences in their overall welfare.  This Is An Email Address To A Chapter That You Can Obtain Local Contact Information From. Be Sure To Tell Them What State Your In. 

Center for Successful Fathering - 800 537-0853  or 512 335 8106
13740 N Highway 183
Austin, TX 78750

Child Guidance Clinic (214) 351-3490, ext 3432. Provides a variety of services including psychological testing, case management, individual, family and play therapy, and Dallas OK (Our Kids), a divorce education program for parents and children. Services are provided by an interdisciplinary professional staff of professionals from a variety of related disciplines. Services are provided at six locations throughout Dallas, Collin and Rockwall counties.

The Children's Rights Council (CRC) Formed in 1985, the (CRC) is a national non-profit organization based in Washington, DC that works to assure children meaningful and continuing contact with both their parents and extended family regardless of the parents' marital status.

Families First Seminar - EXCAP (Exchange Club Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse of D.W.S., Inc.) (214) 644-2098. Four-hour educational course focusing on divorce and its impact on children. Concurrent four-hour sessions available for children of parents attending the program.

The Texas Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism.  The Texas Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism will promote and enhance professionalism, ethics and civility among lawyers. It will endeavor to advance these ideals by using all available resources to focus the attention of lawyers and the public on excellence in the profession and the adherence to high ethical standards

TEXAS Lawyer Disciplinary Agencies
Steve Young
State Bar of Texas
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, TX 78711-2487
Phone: 800/204-2222 or 512/463-1463
Fax: 512/477-4607

A.C.E.S. (Association for Children for Enforcement of Support)214 553-5935


Attorney General Child Support Division
See Business white pages under government offices for the location nearest you.
1-800-252-8014 or 214-969-5310

Child Support Office
Dallas County Government Center
600 Commerce Street, First Floor
Dallas, Texas 75202-4606
Is the "gatekeeper" for most child support payments.

District Clerk - Family Division

Dallas County Government Center
600 Commerce Street, First Floor
Dallas, Texas 75202-4606
Where all Family Law cases papers are filed.

Family Court Services
Dallas County Government Center
600 Commerce Street, Seventh Floor
Dallas, Texas 75202-4606
Conducts social studies in custody cases and also does mediation to help resolve custody cases.


For assistance in finding services available in your area, call one of the following organizations to put you in touch with agencies and programs concerning child care, counseling, education, employment services, emergency assistance, housing, recreation, volunteer opportunities and more. All referrals are provided free of charge.



ALLEN COMMUNITY OUTREACH (Allen, Fairview and Lucas) 972 727-9131


COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC. (Kaufman and Rockwall Counties) 800 831-9929


HELPING HANDS OF ENNIS (Ellis County) 972 875-0218



METROCREST SOCIAL SERVICE CENTER (Addison, Carrollton, Coppell & Farmers Branch) 972 446-2100

PALO PINTO COMMUNITY SERVICES CORP. (Erath, Hood, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Somervell and Wise Counties) 817 325-6943


 Email: _
Click here To Return To NOBILLSMAN's Home Page
Copyright 1998,1999
NOBILLSMAN PO Box 461392  Garland, TX 75046